Welcome to the city of Atlanta's Online Business Tax Renewal site
Business license renewal deadline: Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Business license renewal steps:
- Renew your business license by February 15 annually. As prescribed by City Code, a $500 penalty will be assessed for failing to renew your business license by February 15 annually.
- Pay your business license fees by April 1 annually. As prescribed by City Code, to a 10% penalty of your total license fee plus interest of 1.5% per month will be assessed if paid after April 1st.
- Receive your business license and post it in a conspicuous place at the business location. Business licenses are mailed to the address listed in the City’s database. Please make sure we have your correct mailing address to avoid delays.
Before you begin checklist:
- Business Tax Number;
- PIN Number;
- 2016 Actual Gross Revenue;
- Number of Employees;
- Copy of the Applicant’s Government Issued Photo Identification;
- Notarized SAVE Affidavit (Prior year affidavits are not acceptable.);
- Notarized E-Verify Affidavit (Prior year affidavits are not acceptable.).
2017 online renewal eligibility:
To be eligible to renew business tax online, you must meet the following criteria:
- The business renewed (online, mail in or walk in) their business license in 2016. Your account must be active with a valid business tax number and PIN number.
- The location of your business must be the same as reported to the City of Atlanta. Any changes to the physical location will require zoning approval and requires a $50 processing fee. Please complete a Change of Address form which can be found on the City’s website
- The following business types are NOT eligible for online renewal based on their SIC code: parking garages, non-profits, attorneys, legal services, and insurance agencies.
- If our office has flagged your account due to a returned mail occurrence, your account will be ineligible to renew until you contact our office to update your mailing address.
If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com or (404) 330-6270. You can also create an online service request by visiting www.atl311.com.
Get Started >>